View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 01:58 AM   #1
poepjin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2010 G29 electric stopped working

I am trying to fix several G29 electric carts. I also have some working ones. So I went to crosscheck on my working ones to find out what is bad on the broken ones.
I have a service manual for this cart where everything is explained. Great!
So I came down to check the Throttle Position Sensor on a broken cart; I had bad readings not matching what it says in the book. So I ordered a new one, put it in, no success and when I checked I had no reading. So I thought the new TPS was bad and returned it and bought a different one. It came and I checked it before I put it inside: My readings don't match what it's in the manual. Can't be that I got 2x a bad part. (And yes I tried with a second Ohm meter to be sure)
So I brought over a working cart; unplugged the harness from the controller to check my readings: and it still didn't match with the manual....
And now the really bad part when I reconnected the controller the cart was not working anymore. The solenoid would click but the cart would not move. And this happened to me with 3 working carts.
I used the resetting procedure from the manual (see below), without success.
Please help: How to reset the MCU correctly??? The way it is explained in the manual seams to be wrong.

RESETTING MOTOR CONTROL
UNIT
Before performing any tests in this section, it is advisable to reset the motor control unit and again verify the problem still exists.
1. Turn the main switch OFF.
2. Move tow switch to the TOW position.
3. Wait 30 seconds and turn the main switch ON.
4. Turn tow switch to the RUN position.

And then.... I was so lucky to get my hands on a used Z-2Diagnostic Tester
I was so happy to see that this would solve all my problems with troubleshooting.
It came...but with the wrong harness adapter. I think on there is the one for the G22.
Does anybody have an idea where I could get the one for the G29??? Yamaha won't sell it to me.

Thanks for your time reading though all this.
poepjin is offline   Reply With Quote