View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 85 Club Car DS Axle bolt

Thanks everyone for replying.

Lockman, the pictures are great but the leak was not coming from any of those three bolts. That's the first place we looked. And I appreciate everyone stating what fluid to use but the Club car maintenance and service manual states in two places, for both the differential and the transmisson, to use 80-90WT API Class GL-3 or 80-90WT AGMA Class 5 EP Gear Lube. To be honest I'm glad I saw that when I got home this evening. I had visions of loading up all my tools, jack stands and floor jack for a fourth trip to where i keep the cart.

The leak, from what we could tell was on the passenger side rear axle tube. But in checking a parts list I bought on Ebay and the Club Car service manual, the bolt we found on the top of the axel tube is not on either exploded view. I would doubt anyone "customized" this axle tube as the cart was stock when I bought it but is it possible it's a newer rear end?

One interesting thing to note on the picture of the lower differntial fill and drain bolts s Lockman posted is mine looks different. My drain plug is on the lower end and the same side as the two fill and drain plugs on the transmission, but there is a rubber plug on the fill hole for the differnetial on the other side and higher. The plug has oil molded on.

Again, is it possible I have a newer model rear end on this cart?

Thanks,

Jim
jpmcdo is offline   Reply With Quote