View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Carp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 98 DS - Should be fun

Picked up a '98 DS project off of Craigslist.

The top was cracked bad enough that it did not survive the trip home. I found a used long top for a sweet deal and replaced the broken one.

Wheel covers were black plastic turbine style . Took those off the next day and hit the wheels with a couple of coats of VHT Black rattle can. After cleaning everything up here is how she currently sits:

Looks ok, but I noticed the inside of the wheels were rubbing against the running gear. Upon inspection I discovered the leave spring bushings are down to the metal dowl. The rubber is completely gone. Big brown truck is hooking me up with new bushings tomorrow, so I decide to go ahead and get everything apart so I can do the repair after work. That's when I discovered that the front shocks are doing...nothing.

Also figured out I need stronger leaf springs in the back. the last guy put on the seat and never upgraded the suspension (I probably wouldn't have either).

Tune up Kit, steering wheel, Rear view mirror, inner frame snubber, will be here tomorrow. New starter belt and electric horn kit and bushings will be here Wednesday. Undercarriage lighting will be here Thursday. This is going to get out of hand...
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote