View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #27
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

I bought a used 2011 YDRA from a local dealer, and I am a first time owner. I have a need to know how things work, with anything I own, so this site has been a great help. I like to have a starting point on any piece of equipment I have so I have been going over this cart from Tip to Tail. To start with I decided to change the engine oil and the transaxle lube also. As recommended here I am using Mobil 1 10w-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil in the engine. In the transaxle the owner’s manual suggests Yamalube, but if not available you can use 1.75 quarts if 80W-90 Gear Oil and .10 quarts of API GL-5 Limited Slip Additive. I used 56 oz of Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W-90and 3.2 oz of Trans-X Posi-Trac Additive #402508. One thing I did learn on a cart with a 6” lift was to be able to drain the engine oil completely and fill the transaxle correctly. I had to back the cart up on the loading ramps of my trailer to get the engine and the transaxle level. After doing this I could get all of the dirty engine oil drained and the transaxle fill properly.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote