View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #8
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied lithium SOC meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you read the instruction sheet that comes with the meter, it says to wait 30 minutes after parking before reading the voltage or “percent gauge”. When a load is placed on the batteries (driving the cart) it takes a bit for it to recover. 30 minutes, while not enough time for a “true” reading will get pretty close to the ballpark. Mine will usually recover another .2-.3 volts after letting it sit overnight and holds pretty steady from there.
Yea...I knew about all that. I wasn't sure if that was a function of the meter or the batteries. Sounds like the batteries.

Along with this issue, I'm of the belief I'm not getting the range I should be getting via 80ah.

I called Allied this morning and they said the free balancer they sent me last fall has a parasitic draw and isnt meant to stay mounted/connected. News to me. That would explain my 14% self discharge overnight while off the charger.

So I have removed the balancer and recharged. Now my batteries aren't balanced but I hope they "settle" throughout the course of the day. If they don't, I may have a warranty issue on my hands. I've had them 16 mos.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote