View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
sowdersd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 87 EZGO 2 stroke won't start

ruredy and FixerofCarts.. yes, used 2-stroke oil as you mentioned, fuel was pre-mixed to 50:1, although I had my reservations about that, but that's what my boss said to do. Compression was 110 or so.
I pulled the exhaust pipe off this morning, just to visually check the cylinder and piston skirting. I could hear compression and suction as I rolled the engine around by hand.

My original thoughts were crank seals, but again, I was told , "look elsewhere". I can see the crank seal on the clutch side, appears to be in place, no bulging or signs of defect. I can't, however, see the seal on the flywheel side, which means either pulling the engine again to pull the flywheel, or try and work the puller in and around the engine compartment... no fun, either way.

As a side note, is there a "dead on" pre-setting for the inductive coupling, since the plate it is mounted to has slots where the screws go through? I marked the holes before I pulled the plate, but that doesn't mean it was set right to begin with.

Appreciate your help. Steve
sowdersd is offline   Reply With Quote