View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: New tire selection help

I have 22x11-8 on my G9 cart, they work well. You might go 23 or 24 but most lifts run out of room then on G2/G9s. I guess now I would get 10 or 12 rims, but I like some tire to handle rocks and roots on the trails I ride so no low profile for me. You can't use the stock rims they don't have offset, mine are 3+5 offset stock is 3.5+3.5 the large tires will hit the inside frame and well. You can get steel ones pretty cheap, last I looked the spun alum douglas kart rims I have are around 50 each the same I paid in '99. But I saw 10s for similar price. Some lifts and brakes will not clear 8 wheels so I'd not get them again, but they have worked really well for all these years.

Many people go with 22s on G2/G9 carts. You need a lift that moves the front arms forward to fit those or only 20s fit. You have to remove the rear bumper mounts to get past 24 inch, and ideally move the cradle back also. But in 22s there are a lot of choices because its a popular atv tire, the atv rated tires are much tougher and don't get punctures like 2 ply will.

You might fit a 22x8 or x9 on stock rims, maybe, but the cart will not be that safe. The offset makes the track wider and should be added for stability when you lift a cart. You could run spacers with stock wheels, but cost can be near what new wheels are. You could also search for used set of wheels and tires, since most all carts are 4/4 bolt pattern, and get some for lower cost that way.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote