View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tiger's MPT1200 mod thread

Hey all... Sorry for the long post.

I finally got a cart (2007 MPT 1200) and am getting ready to join the modification rodeo.

I am going to keep this thread for my mods (and associated questions) and use separate threads for repair and maintenance questions.

I suspect it will take a little while to learn all the tricks but since this is my first cart but I am already feeling very well equipped with the knowledge gained from my lurking over the past few months.

At this point, all I have done to the beast is... change the oil to Mobile 1 (man the filter was diiirrrtttttyy), change the spark plugs, loosen the governor a little, put on a new belt (shorter), and order a few parts for the initial mods.

I am not sure it is clear in these pictures, but the tires don't match (mild turfs on the rear and slicks on the front). So my mod "wish list" is already starting to grow... here is a sample...
  • Long travel lift kit (front and rear)...or at least a lift
  • New tires (need something that will reduce the slipping on my steep hills)
  • electric lift (already ordered some parts off ebay for this - )
  • windshield (gotta make momma happy)
  • hour meter
  • brake lights and mirror (the 2yo and 4yo love to cruise the hood)
  • maybe a Limited slip diff (if the tires and lift don't help me get more traction)
  • seat for the dump bed (would love the one that just slides into the receiver/hitch)

Any ideas on other "critical" mods, or, if you have any insight/lessons learned on the mods listed (to help me avoid rookie mistakes) please let me know.

This is primarily going to be a yard cart/drive down to the dock cart but will see some time on the roads around the hood since the boys think it is a hoot to ride.

Anyway, here is the victim "before mods" (or at least before any significant mods...since I already changed to a shorter belt)

That's all I can think of for now...wish me luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG7071 (Medium).JPG (82.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7074 (Medium).JPG (76.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7075 (Medium).JPG (76.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7076 (Medium).JPG (84.6 KB, 21 views)
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote