View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
jonny2guns4u
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 TXT Driven Clutch

Hello All,

NEWB here...

I bought a used 2010 TXT in early Spring and everything seemed GREAT. I love the cart. Last week I was cruising down the Road when it started making a terrible noise. I got it home and went searching the Web. Many said Brake Drum Splines. I did all the Diags and knew it wasn't that. So I got to looking where the noise came from. Yep Driven Clutch!

Here is where my frustration starts. I looked on the Web and called several places and I am told "Oh, these clutches are known to be bad. Kawasaki quit making them. The Keeper eats up the end of the shaft and the clutch explodes. Well this was exactly my issue. The Snap Ring came off (Because the Splines were worn where the Snap Ring seats) and the Ramps ate up the ends of the Buttons. I'm told I have to replace both clutches."

So I call the place where I got the Cart. they say we can get just the Driven but it's $600+ or I can sell you BOTH the newer style at my cost for $450+/-. Which I thought was actually a nice thing to do and at a decent price. Then I found a used one on eBay for $115. But who knows what you are getting with that right? Could be just as bad as mine. Then finally I found one at Everything Carts for $249 with free shipping minus 10% with online coupon code. $225 Shipped! Great I say. Well I called them and talked to their Sales guy and tell him my tales of whoa. He tells me I sell these all the time as a direct replacement. I'm scared so I call their Tech Guys. They say the same thing. Direct Replacement. However when I get it delivered it doesn't look like it's going to work. I'm trying to get in contact with their Tech Guys again but I thought I'd ask you guys as well.

Here is my NEWB Question.
Anybody have any experience with this clutch? It's not the same size. I don't think the belt will go on. The circumference is larger and I don't think there is any way I can get the belt on without damaging the Belt. Second thing is, it doesn't look like the belt will be aligned even if I get it on. It looks as if the new Driven Clutch sticks out further. My fear is, that's why everyone is saying you have to replace BOTH Clutches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3651.JPG (146.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3652.JPG (142.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3653.JPG (145.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3654.JPG (192.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3656.JPG (190.2 KB, 0 views)
jonny2guns4u is offline   Reply With Quote