View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
shendren96
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 EZGO backfiring after maintenance

Hello, I've got a 2002 cart that is backfiring even after having a tune-up/maintenance job. Several years ago I had a maintenance job done on it where the oil was changed, spark plugs replaced, etc. The next time I got in the cart it started backfiring. I re-gapped the plugs and it didn't help. The guy who did the maintenance adjusted the valves and it didn't help either. It backfires when I'm coming out of a downhill where the cart needs to start revving up again out of the governor cut off and it also backfires when I'm barely moving similar to when you're creeping to look for a golf ball(sometimes this backfire is pretty silent and almost sounds like a miss and then sometimes it's more loud). I've read over the forums and seen all of the suggestions and the only thing that hasn't been done yet on my cart is a new carb. In my last tune up they replaced the governor cable, put the correct spark plugs in, and adjusted the valves. It still backfires even though it isn't as bad.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd rather not spend $150 to $200 for a new carb if it's not going to solve the problem.

BTW, I use non ethanol 87 octane gas.
shendren96 is offline   Reply With Quote