View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
LowNSlow77
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Smile 2004 G22E is a little TOO slow...

Hello all.

New to not only this forum, but also new to carting as well. I recently bought a stock 2004 Yamaha G22E. I absolutely LOVE this cart, and my family and I ride all the time now. Now...while I am loving the "LowNSlow" lifestyle (or the idea of it anyway) of a stock electric cart...carting around in this town (which only recently became legal here) on the streets is proving to be a bit dangerous around here and I'd really like to at least have the OPTION of stomping it if needed, to stay out of danger...or bragging rights on the rare occasions some teenager tries to overtake me in the neighborhood. ;)

I read in a couple of threads the "Alltrax DCX400" name thrown around, but I am a complete newbie and have no idea what this is...or what my best options are for speeding this little town cruiser up, nor how to do them. Are there other things I should get instead? How difficult is this upgrade? I do know it has a GE motor, and (6) "Rural King" 8V's (new this spring)...and some small box that the previous owner said was for my headlights. Other than that, I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated....thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post. Great to be here!

Steve
LowNSlow77 is offline   Reply With Quote