View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 G22E is a little TOO slow...

I am in the middle of an ongoing 2005 G22E project myself ... Stock cart ran out at about 12mph on staggered 12/14" rims and tires (I had to modify the frame to fit 'em but they're on, LOL), so I installed an Alltrax XCT48400, Solenoid, 2g wires, and did a little tweaking, ended up at just under 22mph on the flats and a TON of snap at takeoff (like can't keep the 205/30-14's from breaking loose unless I'm careful) - Night and DAY difference. HOWEVER ...

Being "That Guy" myself hahaha, I currently have Chuck at EMP building me a custom motor with Triple-Banding, Internal Thermostat, 3X HD Brushes, Custom winding, etc - it's not a "cheap" upgrade, but with the correct Map and Programming we have targeted 38mph with stock gears - I just got done painting the body so once the motor comes in the whole thing should come together nicely.

BTW, if You set the controller down to 300A your stock solenoid *should* be good, but as mentioned above for the extra $100 or so it's probably best to just bite the bullet and replace it when You do 4g or 2g wires.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote