View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart tire chain size questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Being that Charlotte NC is the coldest place I have ever lived, You should listen to the Canadian guy, Eh

NC is cold? Why here in PA it has gotten so cold my feet literally snapped of at the ankles.....and the rest of the winter I had to walk on two stumps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
I had to add a couple of cross chains to make the "lawn mower tires chains" fit my Cushman tires.

The quick links were what I had on the shelf ... probably not the best for the application but it is what I had available at the time. I did have to use some Loctite thread lock on the threads of the quick links to keep them from backing out. I don't think that they will be a durable as a regular link.

Probably a better link to use would be the chain "repair links" shown below that you close using a vice or plyers.
Yeah......IIRC I did purchase some of those "repair links" to fix something. I also remember buying the "chain pliers" from the web site. Those pliers are about as useful as a tin-foil hat. A good pair of vice-grips, a vice, and a ball-peen hammer will usually do it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote