View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 11:36 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone ever remove a Pre-MCI flywheel from a Robbin 295/350 while still in the ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Pulsar Ohms at 19.8. It was set too close originally, .015 in when I first tested it and got nothing. I adjusted it to .030...still nothing. Not sure why my meter would be bad...use it all the time and seems to be fine. Cheap unit though, so maybe its bad. I just put a new battery in another meter and checked it with it as well, no voltage. Ohms are 19.8 on the second meter. Is there a magnet in the flywheel, or is it simply a chunk of steel? I have two other flywheels and nothing steel sticks to any of them anywhere. I am guessing the are no magnets in the flywheel...just a gap in the steel. You are probably right in that it is the ignitor, I was just hoping it is something else that I can fix. I think there is another ignitor in the junk yard, but again, no idea if it is a good one. I'll pull one out of the working workhorse first to see if its the ignitor or something else. Just trying not to have to tear apart my working machine to get this one running. Looks like that is the way I have to go.
The pulser has the magnet on it, not on the flywheel. Flywheel has a slot cut in it.
Use that meter on a running cart pulser and see what you get. Its late . I will check back tomorrow. Good luck.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote