View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 01:12 PM   #12
Barrysuperhawk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1984 club car DS is weak.

You are absolutely correct that the local places are wanting just to sell me something else.

You are also correct that I havent mentioned my clutches etc, so let me tell you now what I do know. When I very first got the cart, I took it to local place #1 for a "tune up" and service. When it was all said and done, they replaced the oil, and put in a new drive belt. They told me they couldn't fix the pedal issue because they did not have parts (see the other thread where I fixed it myself) but that when they changed the belt, everything looked fine. I figured out later that they did not change the plug, so I did that myself also. I guess I assumed that if something was malfunctioning in the belt system, they would have taken the opportunity to try to sell me more parts/service.

<lament>
Overall I did not really want this to turn into an ongoing maintenance project, I was originally just hoping to take it to a shop, let them sort it out, and just drive it. When Shop #1 did me dirty, I tried shop #2, which turned out to be worse. So, I have resigned myself to having to do my own work on this. I don't really have the time, but I also have little other choice, short of finding a new shop or local volunteer, so here I am, trying to learn what I can to make this thing do what I want. And spending hours working on it and a couple grand on "upgrade parts" is still cheaper than buying a different cart. <\lament>
Barrysuperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote