View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #2
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2020 Yamaha Drive 2 PTV QuieTech Plowman's Performance Kit Review

I will go ahead and give the report on my 2017 PTV Quietech with stock 10" tires and wheels and no lift. My cart only has an 8.9 HP motor where subsequent models have the 12.29 HP. It would be interesting to drive and see the difference with the newer motor.

When I bought the cart second hand it was only doing 17 mph. After adjusting governor and removing spark arrestor it would do 25. I then installed Plowman's clutches, belt, air filter and went through tune up procedure with Don. Since I don't have a second seat and only use it to play golf the primary clutch spring was too strong for my liking. I wanted it to shift up sooner so Don sent me another primary and secondary clutch to try. I then tried a couple of different spring set ups until I got the feel that I wanted and am actually running the factory drive belt since the take off is smoother than with the high performance belt. It really has a lot more low and mid range torque than it used to as well as top end. When I headed back to the club house tonight I ran down the street and checked speed. I was doing 31 before I had to let off to turn in. I have seen as high as 33 when I just held it down for a ways.

As for the noise it increased slightly when I removed the spark arrestor and then some more when I installed the high flow air cleaner. I actually went back to the stock air filter for quietness for a while but lost a little umph so currently back to running the high flow air filter.

I have to give Don kudos for taking the time and having the patience to custom fit my cart to my needs. There are few owners that are willing to do that and I could recommend him fully.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote