View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: generator output in amps.

I don't think you will burn out your charging system (generator). These are generators, not like some of the new light weight alternators that may be rated for 120 amps, but, if you try to run it at 120 amps for any period of time you will burn it out. I don't know for sure, but, I would guess they are about 35 amps but they will probably run 35 amps 100% duty without any issues, as long as your connections are good and clean. Otherwise, you may have some burnt connections. The bigger issue might be that many people run all the accessories all the time but the cart only runs part of the time, resulting in a slow loss of charge in the battery until it is too low to start the cart. You may want to rig up a small 6 amp charger with some sort of quick connect that you can just plug in when your not running. That way it will top it off and you will have a full charge when you start out for your days driving. Of course, if your cart is not light up like a Christmas tree, you may not have to worry about it at all...

You may also want to consider led type lights, they take very few amps...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote