Thread: EZ Go salvage
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Walter Hudiburg
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go salvage

I have access to about 12 old three wheel golf carts that I do not believe to be repairable due to the fact that they have been sitting out for a number of years. I've pulled all the old battery cores,and of course the battery boxes are rusted beyond use, but need some advice on what parts are worth pulling off for spare parts. I'm thinking mainly about things like key swithces, solenoids, forward reverse devices and plug ins for battery charger. What about the springs, shock absorbers etc.

I also want to pull the electric motors and test them so if someone can give me some hints on the best procedure to do this I'll appreciate it. I know I saw in this forum a wiring system for testing the motors with only one or two batteries but can't find it today. Really need help on removal. These carts are outside but think I can get them up on stands. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, is there a method for testing the solenoids out side of the cart? I seem to recall putting 12 volts DC across two of the leads and this opens the switch on the other two leads.

Last edited by Walter Hudiburg; 12-07-2008 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add comment about battery boxes
Walter Hudiburg is offline   Reply With Quote