View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: lifting a 1998 ez-go workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ezgo View Post
ok i have read thru all the posts here about lift kits. too much lift info can make you confused as i am now. there are tons of info here and many say jake's is the best lift kit. if you did a lift on a workhorse with out cutting the mounts on the rear axle, what kit did you use.i watched the video from jakes useing the lift they sell and i like not cutting the factory mounts off the axel just incase you what to remove the lift or sell the cart to build another one and the buyer whats a stock cart. can you use the stock wheels when you do a 6 or 5 inch lift. what kit would be the best for my workhorse, lifted axle,spindle lift or long arm. it will be used on the farm and not in the woods. i have a 28 degree driven clutch kit on its way now. if i can't use the stock wheels i would run no bigger then 20 tires so i don't loose too much power up the hills on the farm.maybe just kit a kit with wheels and tires that are already mounted.sorry for long post but like i said, all the info i read made me confused. i do not like the shackle lift for the rear.thanks
If you can cut, weld, and fab then you can build a good lift. Otherwise I'd suggest something like the Jakes. I had a 2001 TXT, pretty similar. I used the All Sports 6" kit, and it worked ok. I wasn't impressed with how the rear lift blocks went together. I've heard the Jakes kit is better?

You can go with 22" tires without any trouble, you'll just need a secondary clutch spring to help keep it in "low gear" longer. 22's will look better, give better ground clearance, and overall won't kill the low end. Anything bigger might cause a problem though.

Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote