View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ausco cable disc brake install thread

Notice the TXT48 has the brake cable on top of the axle. Earlier years TXT and Marathon all had the cable below the axle. The caliper bracket is U shaped. For this cart the U will be right-side up and in earlier yrs it will be up side down.

I'm getting ahead of the work - remove the C clip retaining the brake cable sheath at the mounting OEM bracket. KEEP this clip, you will reuse it.

Remove the four break backing plate bolts and remove the backing plate and cable mount bracket. That sounds easy and it should be but, they are on there tight & in some cases these bolts are rusty or worse. Worse case scenario - you may need to replace the bolts. I never have had to in all my yrs as a tech. God blessed the southwest with an almost rust free environment. If you do replace them use hardened bolts as they hold the caliper in place here.

Once the backing plate & cable mount is removed, grab hold of an end of the cable spring and pull it out and away - removing the spring from the cable.

On the bench, remove the mounting bracket from the caliper assembly using a 9/16 wrench and 7/32 hex head wrench or equivalent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 3.jpg (89.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pic 4.jpg (73.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pic 8.2.jpg (156.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pic 16.1.jpg (72.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote