View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
StratoGeezer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Swapping out (upgrading) an EZ-GO Electric Motor

Hey folks,

This is my first post - so thank ahead of time for any guidance. I recently learned a lesson by buying a nicely lifted, yet woefully underpowered 2002 EZGO TXT fleet cart. I am using this in the North GA mountains - so it needs more torque to say the least.

I ordered an upgraded motor (through D&D), 4GA cables, 700amp controller and heavy duty solinoid - so I should be set for parts....all I need to do is the work to swap out the old motor and parts with the new.

The project looks pretty straightforward - but I was wondering if anyone had any guidance or words of wisdom that would help me smoothly complete this upgrade?

I assume the existing motor should come off fairly easily - although I read where folks need to hammer off the old motor, after removing the bolts. Will the new one just slip on and be ready for bolting? Or am I underestimating the work involved?

I figure just swapping out the old wiring for new - if done one wire at a time- should be pretty straightforward - although my new contoller may not fit under the cover due to the size of the new one.

What else should I be aware of from your experiences? Thanks!!
StratoGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote