View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #15
Hein
Not Yet Wild

Default re: Hein & Kim's American Landmaster 36V UTV

More photos as promised.

Close up of 3M Thinsulate AU4002-5 noise control blanket. The noise reduction is impressive.

Dash update with hour and volt meters. Plus toot toot horn that will be fun for our grandson. We also have a more polite bicycle bell.

I used this remote control to turn on/off the marker lights. They come on with the key switch and can also be set to flash and dimmed by a percentage. We use these in our vans. The remote is stuck to the windshield with some 3M VHB tape. I love VHB tape.

The remote and lights before installing them.

Here is a night time shot of the LED headlights and new marker lights. I also added some conspicuousy tape on the side which is reflecting the flash of my phone. Good visibility.

I added a 120V cord reel and 2 hour timer to make charging more convenient. Below is a photo of how those components are arranged behind the seat. This way we can plug in anywhere and just set the timer for some length of time based on usage. The timer has an 'always on' setting if we need a longer charge time.

Timer parts and painted PVC electrical box that I stuck to the UTV electrical panel with 3M VHB tape.

Going to roll this way for a while. More projects going on...

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan.com
Hein is offline   Reply With Quote