View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #3
Witherel
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Allied Lithium - 2015 EZGO Extended

Nice weather in MB today. Did another drive of 13 miles. I have the voltmeter Allied provided me connected directly to the batteries and a 2nd voltmeter I connected through the ignition (so I could run a side x side test). Allied recommends letting batteries sit for 15 min to get an accurate check on remaining battery charge. The ignition voltmeter continued to read 100% with no load at end of trip (however, under load at max speed (24-25mph), the reading started at 99% and ended trip at ~91%). The Allied voltmeter was reading 82% charge within 10 minutes of the end of trip, but was back to 100% after sitting 1 hour. So after 1 hour sitting, both voltmeters still at 100%. So far, it seems with this 120ah Allied setup that 13 miles is no big deal and a minimal drain on batteries (I did a 10mi drive a few days ago with similar results). So far so good and it seems the Allied claim of 60-75mi with this setup may be spot on. More testing to do over next couple weeks!

Footnote: at the end of the 13 miles, the voltage measured 53.4 on the battery connected voltmeter and 53.3 on the ignition connected one. Not sure what this means, but either way, the meters read 100% full...I think fully charged is 54 volts or so (I’ll need to confirm that).
Witherel is offline   Reply With Quote