View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #14
trevorg7
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV RoyPow Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
Have you had any issues with cutout at high loads (acceleration, hills, etc.)? I’m considering upgrading my Leaf setup as they are near end of life and I’m looking for more range. The reason I ask is that Roypow shows on their website that max discharge rate for that model is 200A for 10s. My RXV with the stock controller can draw up to 225A for brief periods and I’m sure that will only increase if I upgrade the controller eventually. The S51105P on the other hand advertises a max discharge rate of 315A for 30s which seems better suited to modified carts, although it’s physically bigger so would have to check fit. Appreciate the feedback.
Hi there - I have not had any issues like that. Neither on hills nor accelerating up them. I have a Curtis controller but not sure the amps. Regarding range, the longest test so far was driving to the course (4 miles round trip) and playing 18 holes (call that 7 miles) 10 days ago, not charging the cart all last week, playing 18 holes/same drive this past weekend and SOC meter was at 5 bars or roughly 1/2 discharged after the 22+ miles.

Hope this helps.
trevorg7 is offline   Reply With Quote