View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
c21tupper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 1996 gas EZGO Workhorse Model GXT804D - HELP !

Thank you all for your input and suggestions on how to get this cart going !!

After more testing, checking, double-checking etc. Conrad discovered last night that the micro switch for the gas pedal wasn't releasing the way it should. Long story short, he by-passed it and now the cart starts just fine !!! YEAH !!

We have the service repair manual on order and I'm sure it will help direct us on other maintenance it desperately needs. The next thing he said he needs to do is change the oil.. it's a wonder the cart is going.. the oil is really, really dirty.

It seems to Conrad that the people who had this before us just ran it to death... almost... and when something wasn't working quite right the other owner disconnected or by-passed it somehow.

So, now I need to order a new micro switch #WZ-2RW8225522T-S. I just looked at shopezgo.com and its not there. Any other suggestions ??

Again, thanks to all who responded to our plea for help !!

Cindy & Conrad

PS: I'm sure we will be reading more here in this forum... quite a good one I think !!
And, when this manual arrives, if anyone needs anything from it, I will be more than happy to scan pages and post here.
c21tupper is offline   Reply With Quote