View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #20
Vanwoody
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Gas EZGO High Speed Gear install 8:1

I think I agree with you, I am basically done unless I go with a big block which I don't want to do. I believe you are correct that I am horsepower limited and 30 mph is good for actually golfing. I still does perform fairly good at very low speed like when you might be searching for a golf ball (mine are always in the woods), so the clutch kit made it a bit jerky.

By the way with the tires up in the air I can watch the clutches and by 2500 rpm or so they are fully shifted. I know everyone says beyond 4000 rpm you will throw a rod, but I can tell you that is not true at all. Not that I am going to do it but 4500 all day is not a stretch and motor sounds solid. I think most people forget this engine (and most other engines like it) are 100% duty rated at 3600 rpm full throttle basically forever. So the occasional excursion to 4500 rpm is well within the capabilities of an engine like this. This is a more modern engine used in all kinds of applications. Made by a company that makes 300 HP out of 1000 cc. (probably start a firestorm with those statements, but not my intention)

Thanks for all the help this is a great site with great people.

T
Vanwoody is offline   Reply With Quote