View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:03 AM   #10241
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywiz View Post
Took delivery of a 2013 RXV and rode it around the neighborhood for a few days. My 1st golf cart.

Cleaned it up and found some slight panel/body damage. Not doing anything about this now. Maybe a winter project.

Needed to install a state of charge gauge and started to find issues. All 4 bolts holding the dash in are stripped. The previous "mechanic/engineer" wrapped electric tap around the bolts and shoved 'er on. The previous state of charge gauge was from a car 12v system.
Added to his tape until I come up with a better resolution.

Found the US Battery 12V XC's seriously out of balance and one was only charging to 48.5V. Hooked up one of my hobby chargers to each, balanced them out and added water. Now all hold full charge north of 50V.

Rear seat armrest cupholders installed backwards. Fixed that. :)

Found the front seat bolts stripped on one side. For the time being, plugged them and refit bolts until I can order a new seat.

There was an led system on it previously. I found the live wires off the 12v and capped them. All the other chassis lighting works fine.

Checked tire pressure and diff fluid.

Everything else is seemingly working fine.

Sounds like your cart was a bit mistreated in its previous life. Glad you're going to take care of it.

I believe that was much of the story with the previous owner of my (electric) cart. He stated during my visit that he wanted a gas cart that his buddy was selling. Upon purchasing, I realized the batteries were not as strong as they should have been for their age. Plus, he had 23" Dirt Devil mud tires on it... the pack didn't last long. Plus, the water level was so low, it took a gallon to fill them to required amount.

On top of that, they must have had rear passenger A LOT because the rear shocks would curve, just a bit, the opposite direction with load.. I'm guessing the battery life he was experiencing was atrocious with passengers and the big tires (20 lbs/ea)

End of the day, I just don't think this guy knew what an electric cart needed and didn't maintain it adequately. I think it conveyed a message to him that something was "more wrong" with it and sold it for $2,300 when he should have been looking at $3,000+. I was the early bird that day luckily.

I ripped the big mud tires off, sold them for $150, put on 20" all-terrains, and I've nursed the pack back to 37.7V and it does ok for what we need. New batteries likely next year.

I hope you enjoy your EZGO as much as we have this past year.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote