View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Marathon lift kit install, made simple

TQC, it stiffened the ride up a little, not too bad though. I laid a piece of plywood across the fenders and let people ride through the campground and it help well. I got minimal sag (maybe 2") with 2 adults on the back. Empty though, it rides faily reasonable considering I went up 100# on each of the rear corners. Another thing making a difference though is the tires, I went 4-5" taller than stock, on 10" wheels, to allow some sidewall flex. I found that 7PSI was perfect even with 2 people on the back.... driving in gravel/sand.

As for a pit wagon, we have one of those, a 86 Marathon. It's got the HD springs under the dront, the 275#'s on the back, with the longer shocks.... it hauls floor jacks, tools and spares with ease.

And Jack, your right. There are many ways to lift one, I just hadnt seen anything visual or detailed to help those out coming behind us. there are a lot of video's for DS's, TXT, Yammy's ect... us Marathoners are a little more old school and nothing was out there for us! AS for the shocks, mine were original and shot! I needed new shocks on the front and rear anyhow, that was the logic behind doing my lift the way I did.
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote