View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 robin pulsar coil question

When did it last run ?

You said your red wire on coil was flashing test light ? and white wire is flashing test light ? right . When you spin the engine over ?

I have a cart with the pre-MCI engine in my basement right now. I just tested the red wire with a cheap Harbor Freight DVOM set on DC 20 volts.

When spinning the starter over. I get right 9.8 volts on coil red wire when I push pedal lightly . I get 7.5 volts on white wire. Mine fires and cranks the minute you push on pedal to go.

I also tested the Pulser coil with my cheap meter set on 20 AC volts, not 200 like I think I said before. Sorry if I did say that. I make more mistakes as I get older. You will understand when you get my age.

It generates about 1/2 volt AC . If I move the meter scale to next setting which is 200 I get the same as you do. Your Pulser is good, I can just about bet you.
We got to get this thing going. Here is what my pulser looks like in case anyone wonders how many AC volts it should generate with the DVOM set on 20 volts. I set it on 200 and you will see at end of video the same reading you got. My movie making needs some tweaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Puu...ature=youtu.be
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote