View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
treestump
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: #90 Main Jet Drill Size

Well since I started this post I would like thank everybody who supported my question. This wasn't a spelling bee or a contest to see who had the best verbiage. It was a simple question what is the ID of a #90 jet.
As far as invalidsession goes. He was wrong again. An old racing trick is to use some solder and a propane torch to plug a oversized jet and redrill it. They are not toast. Its best to use the right size jet once you know the size. Track conditions change, heat and himidity are a factor so you couldn't always use the same jets. So the trick was to solder it closed and redrill if you didn't have the proper jets. And it was all done by trial and error. You always carried number drill sets with you. They come in two sets 1-60 and 61-80. the larger the # the smaller the bit. Now for the smaller carbs that we use we use the smaller set. If you want to check your ID you can use the body of the drill. The proper way is to use pin gauges that are precision ground to size.
Back when I drag raced we were trying to beat the other guy with hopes of breaking a track record. These are not HI-PO engines that we have mortgaged our homes to build. This is a way too have fun and co-exist with other golf cart enthusiast. I'm all for the fun and a new learning experience. With that said, can someone tell me what the ID of a #90 jet is?

Thanks Jim
treestump is offline   Reply With Quote