View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Are Ah needs the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
I am about to have to replace a set of batteries as they have hit well above their cycle life (only 3 years though) and looking at making the lithium conversion. Currently I am running 48 volts through Crown CR-190 batteries with the higher Ah ratings. I talked to my local cart guys the other day and they are selling a good many 60Ah set ups and have not had any come back yet unhappy. I am on a mix of hills and number of kids riding. A regular week is typically 5 days a week of 6-15 miles of riding with 2-6 people on the cart. I get I will lose 300 or so pounds with the conversion, but do I need to be looking at the 105 Ah and up type set ups, thus basically doubling the up front cost of FLA batteries? I don't want to skimp and regret it and still have to spend money again.
I'm running 60ah with my BB Eagle kit. 20 miles all day long and have not came close to running out of power yet. I believe AC is more efficient though. My reason for starting at 60ah is that it should be the equivalent of a 100+ AH lead acid setup. If and when I can add 30 amps at a time.
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote