Old 05-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #5
davidwjacob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 1990 ezgo marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Let's start with the choke cable.
That knob at the end of the cable is a ferrule. There is an Allen screw in the side of it that is holding the cable.

The last picture might be a check valve. I have never seen one before, but I am not familiar with the 3pg engines. That's what you have when searching for parts.

In the first picture, all I could see was a fuel filter. I'm assuming that you have a remote mount fuel pump. Look at the bottom left corner of this page. https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-parts/fuel-pumps/

I would check the pump for ripped diaphragms.

In your second picture, I saw that your oil injection banjo is still connected to the intake manifold. The best thing to do is remove that banjo, plug the hole with a 6mm screw, and premix your gas 128:1. That's one ounce of oil per gallon of gas.

Trace that back to see if it leads to an ignitor box that isn't being used. I'm wondering if somebody did an HEI mod to the ignition system.You can read about that in the stickies above.

This is what a ripped diaphragm looks like. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html
Cart Around,

Thanks, I did see the little thing at the end of the cable and whoever had it before me must have stripped it out as i cannot get any allen key to fit in there. I figured that was the case however i wanted to make sure that was not a rivit or something and i was missing something obvious.

I will disco the oil injector and plug that up and mix my own.

There is a remote mount fuel pump. i have been doing some reading on post about these. I am working on getting the fuel tank out so i can check the fuel pump. there is alot of stripped out screws and stuff on this golf cart.

Thanks for the information and the advice. i will ask around about if there should be a check valve in the fuel line.

Thanks
Dave
davidwjacob is offline   Reply With Quote