View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #112
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: 48volt club car limthium battery exploded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
I agree.. big difference between an American product made in China and a Chinese product made in China.

The BMS units sold by most of these online retail shops are just cheap Chinese garbage that barely do what they're supposed to do.

I'm eventually going to swap my LA bats for lithium in my 2013 Precedent when they wear out.. and no way will I be using a Chinese BMS and having that thing charge in my garage.

My off grid system uses 25kWh worth of cells from a Chevy BOLT EV.. and I use a REC BMS. They are in my basement in a 14ga NEMA4x Hoffman enclosure. Might switch to Batrium or Orion when I do the cart.. will probably stick with REC since I'm so familiar with it now.

Here's a pic of the off grid unit.. When I got these cells, they were brand new, never cycled LG Chem. Going to wait for a deal like that to show up again for the golf cart.
A single stack of 14 is about the size of two loafs of bread with a capacity of about 6kWh. Two of them (65lb ea) could easily fit into the battery bay of my cart.. would probably give me 80 miles on a charge.. with the way I drive, I'd only have to charge the cart once a month.

People need to stop trusting Chinese stuff when failure has catastrophic consequences. It just isn't worth the gamble.

Either that, or switch to phosphate batteries.. when they go rogue, its basically just a smoke bomb.
Very nice and CLEAN work.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote