View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #57
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Camp Project "Got Milk"

Got to thinking about the cart over the last few days about the suspension. I will admit I purchased the economy kit, therefore adjustability is non-existent and quality is mediocre. Again, not complaining and I understand this with what I paid.

I do have play in my kingpins which were all replaced by me (seems as if bushings don't seat well in the A-arms). I did manage to eliminate vertical play via use of washers. Has anyone had a kit with oversize size kingpin bushings?

The cart also sits nose heavy (id say rear is 2-inches higher, maybe this cart has overload springs in the rear?). The front shocks are mounted to the max lift hole and camber isn't bad surprisingly. Thinking about going to some type of long arm in the future for adjustability of camber. Our CC DS kit is fully adjustable and I love it. Can I get longer front shocks for now to level it or do I need to go straight into a Jakes longarm or the like? Worried anymore lift and my camber will be way positive.

I'm really leaning towards a quick fix of dropping the rear to level it out somehow for now. I will get some more pictures this weekend of the overalls for you guys to see.
Mjmck is offline   Reply With Quote