View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 04:55 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO 2008 RXV openCAN not sending info

Your Danaher controller is attempting to handshake with an external device. Information is not sent out over the CANbus randomly at intervals to intercept. An interface needs to respond to the handshake request, establish an active connection, then depending upon the device type connected, queries will be responded to. Valid devices are an e-speedometer, and a diagnostic device. The speedometer is the least expensive device that you can buy from E-Z-GO.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/48-Volt-Speedometer.html

The E-Z-GO part number is 609401 and can be ordered online. However, the CANbus adapter harness to allow you to connect it is a dealer item, E-Z-GO part number 614897. Contact a local dealer and have them order it for you.

It is plug and play on the Danaher controller RXVs, but would not work on my 2012 Curtis controller RXV. It will read out the calculated speed (based upon calibrations that may need to be done if you changed tire size), battery state of charge, and will read out stored trouble codes on the display. The Curtis RXV controllers support CANbus, but the CANbus port from the controller is not wired to the CANbus connector under the cupholder in the factory harness. The 2Five does have it wired to a speedometer port, no adapter harness required.

Once you have that speedometer and adapter harness connected, you'll be able to monitor the CANbus traffic, learn the device IDs required to query the controller, and expand your knowledge. More information about programming...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

When I get time, I will be delving into the world of interfacing and programming Danaher controllers. My plate is sorta full at the moment though with all of the projects I have going on and now a TV series that I've been asked to do.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote