View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #27
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Default Re: ZONGSHEN 625CC engine

From looking at these two photos it looks like there is a path to feed oil to the flywheel side bearing and also looks as if there is a path for oil to the PTO side of the crank.

Picture one shows a ridge where what could be the oil sensor tapped into it then on over to the flywheel side of the engine you'll notice a plug like the block may be drilled to supply oil to that side of the engines crank bearing.

Picture two shows a ridge that very well could be drilled to supply oil to the PTO side crank bearing.

Beings as how the ridge to the flywheel side seems larger I wonder if maybe the rod bearing is fed oil from that side through the crank and the PTO maybe having a ball bearing on that side supporting the working end of the shaft.

Its hard to feed a crank pin with oil through a ball bearing. A sleeve bearing on the other hand is how its done

Sure would like to find a parts breakdown for this engine.

Just playing with ideas here in my my head to give this old man something to think about. Sure wish I still could partake of the left handed smokes :-)

Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 625-1.jpg (410.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 625.jpg (457.3 KB, 0 views)
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote