View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #33
FreshFromFL
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Xct400pds- sometimes won't go after complete stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Did Vic mention what the minimum recommended Field amps for an ES-76-51 is at 42V?

(At 48V, it is 3A minimum for 100A or less of armature amps, but I don't know if it is higher, or lower, or the same at 42V.)

I suspect their main liability concern is more warranty issues than how fast the cart will go. If the field mapping is able to reduce the field amps too low, the motor will run hotter than normal and can be damaged.

Apparently there are a lot of newly written field maps for XCT controllers. They weren't available when I switched from a DCX to and XCT controller, but I did try two different maps, EZPDS and ES76-51

Max RPM for my ES-76-51 motor with 17" tall tires at 42V was 6450RPM with EZPDS and 6994RPM with ES76-51, however that additional 2.2MPH came with a huge increase armature amps.

The following is the average armature amps vs field amps while the motor is spinning between 6000RPM and 6500RPM

EZPDS = 54.4A Arm vs 2.1A Field

ES76-51 = 101.1A Arm vs 1.2A Field

It takes nearly twice as many amps to go <1% faster, so a lot of motor heat is produced.

I probably should go back to EZPDS, or maybe one of the new maps, since I've got the XCT set to limit the motor to 6500RPM.

This one johnnieb is referencing. Or any that can keep my 42v setup from dropping below the 2A field that Vic recommended I stay over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FreshFromFL is offline   Reply With Quote