2) Ah capacity -100Ah
3) Number of individual packs -16 Cells
4) Pack voltage -58.4
5) Controller upgrade -Alltrax XCT500
6) Motor upgrade -AMD 7144
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive -Sepex
O.D. Tire size -22"
9) Typical driving terrain -Hilly
10) Estimated range on pavement -Even with all the hills I estimate 40mi/charge. This is based on the Renogy Battery Monitor readings.
11) Average and Top speeds -All of my driving is on city streets so I like to stay around 25 MPH. I have noticed I got up to 28 at one time. My Alltrax is limited to 5500 rpm and max current is 250a. I turned off Turbo because I felt it was contributing to the cold weather shutdowns
12) Likes or dislikes - My big like is no maint. I haven't burnt any acid holes in my clothes. My biggest like is the reduction in weight. It got me over the threshold where I can maintain my speed uphill (22 mph) and not be a traffic hazard. My only dislike is that when the temperature drops to 40/50 degrees the batteries get sluggish and on some of the big hills the BMS will cut out due to low voltage. Last winter I temp solved the problem with a heating pad. This year I'm hoping to do something more permanent.
13) Additional comments - 2010 Club Car with a Allsport 4" lift and a Alpha Body Kit. The Lithium batteries have been in use for a year and a half. I highly recommend the Renogy Meter. It make driving so much more fun when you know that you have enough battery to make it home.
Thank you for the DIY lithium report, Walter. I'm sure there are members who will appreciate your input.

Based on your available 80 Ah down to 20% SOC, I feel you can get close to 50 miles on flat roads. (80 / 1.5 = 53) Your estimate of 40 on hills is probably close.

I'm still trying to find some common ground for all carts in general. If all were tested on the same surface, at the same temperature, and at the same speed, I believe 1.5 Ah per mile is going to be a typical number.

With lithium's flat discharge curve, the data should be similar regardless of the cart being stock or upgraded. But I could be wrong. Speed, of course, will affect the usage.

I don't have the cold weather like you do, but I spend last winter looking for some solutions. None were very practical.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote