View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
nujac
Getting Wild

Default Duromax 16hp valve cover drill for fuel pump hose? Metal shavi

I am at the point that I need to drill out the top of the valve cover to connect the pulse fuel pump. I tried just moving the hose that went from the air box to the valve cover and connected it straight to the pulse pump. It will run for about 1 mile at mid speed before it quits pumping and runs out of gas. (I was hoping I would get lucky and would not have to drill.)

I seen that the proven way is to drill a hole in the top of the valve cover through both sections of metal. One question is how to you ever get all of the metal shaving out between the two part cover? I noticed on my cover if I drill through the top I would go through the check valve. The second question is my motor is California emission compliant, is this valve cover different that the old style and is this why the check valve is in the way?

Has anyone ever tried pining the check valve open and adding a T fitting in the rubber hose that leaves the side cover. Then adding a car type PVC valve in the hose that goes to the air box. Then the hose on the other part of the T fitting would go to the pulse pump.
nujac is offline   Reply With Quote