View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default G19 Still Slow up Hills, New Batteries, Alltrax 400 Amp, 4 Gauge Cables

Alright so here is where we are at/the history.

Bought the cart with 8 year old batteries, they still worked but it is what it is. I put on a 400 Amp Controller and 4 Ga cables for the batteries, motor etc. Full Set. It was still slower than snot up hills, would hit 20 MPH on a slight downhill though. I figure its the old batteries not putting out enough amps to allow the controller to push the motor to handle hills/added weight.

So Monday I go to costco and get a set of brand new 8v interstate batteries , Hook them up, Charge them until the charger shut off and go run the big hill by my house to see if there is any improvement, still only at about 7-8 mph up that hill, and even the slight hills are slowing the cart. Basically can't get near 20 MPH unless a slight down hill still.

I repeated this test yesterday after another full charge same result.

Now I know batteries have a break in period but do they really act like 8 year old batteries during that? Let me know what info you may need to help me. I can do a log while driving it tonight when I get home so you can see what the voltage/amperage is doing. My wife is a little upset that i told her new batteries would make it run better up hills and it isnt.
vartz04 is offline   Reply With Quote