View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 01:05 AM   #7
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 105 AH vs 160 AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
Going lithium after the first of the year. Currently, I have the Navitas 5 KW AC setup. My plan was to go with 105 AH Roypow. I’ve seen a few carts lately sporting 160 AH. Is there a big size/weight difference? I’m in Florida so pretty flat here. My cruises are generally 15-20 miles and my Trojans (6 months old) seem to hold up well even with stretches of 30+ mph cruising. Is it worth the extra $$$ to move up to 160?
Keep in mind the regular Roypow battery packs are only rated for 100 amps continuous discharge and 200 amps for a 10 second maximum discharge. This includes both the S51105 and S51160 Roypow packs.

I don't believe that the Roypow performance packs are available yet, but the S51105P and the S51160P Roypow packs are rated at 105 amps and 160 amps continuous discharge respectively. Both P packs have a 315 amp maximum discharge rate for 30 seconds.

Not only do you want to concern yourself with the amp-hour rating, but you also need to consider the discharge ratings of the battery offerings. I believe that your Navitas controller is rated for 440 amps ... I don't believe that you will want your battery pack to be the weak link in your system.

Do you know what your present amperage draws are for your various driving situations?

I suspect that your only choice (amperage wise) may be to wait until the S51160P pack becomes available.

See Roypow technical specs at the bottom of this page: https://www.roypowusa.com/?page_id=26237#bit_bzgti
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote