View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
Whipped500
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive2 speed and reliability

Hi everyone! Obviously from my post count I'm new. Looking to buy my first cart. It will be for tooling around the neighborhood, hauling people and coolers down to the boat and the occasional run for dinner or watering hole.

I really don't know what I want but lean towards gas over electric. With that said, I really don't have a brand preference either yet... been looking at the big 3 and paying most attention to Yamaha and then second club car. (I don't see a general section to ask between different brands?)

What kind of reliability does Yamaha have compared to the Robin and the Kawasaki? Is ~30mph achievable without stressing the engine? Is speed about a level playing field with the big 3 engines or does one have an advantage over the other?

I'm looking at Yamaha because I feel they make a reliable engythat will last a long time. Being a snowmobile guy (not Yamaha) they were never the fastest, but you would never see one broke down! With a cart, I don't want it to me the fastest but would like to a top of about 30 and everyday of 25...am I dreaming? Am I looking at the right brand?

Right now I am eyeing up a '17 drive 2 with the IRS and EFI. It's twice as much as I want to spend but still under warranty. I kind of shy away from the office lease trade in because I'm thinking their beat...am I looking at this wrong? I can save a lot if the golf course trade in are fine?

Thanks in advance!
Whipped500 is offline   Reply With Quote