View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: 96 cc ds continuously variable potentiometer fails test

Quote:
Originally Posted by shempferd View Post
I finally decided to take off the body and check out the entire electrical system. While checking the key switch (test 2 in the manual), I checked continuity between the green/wht coming from the limit switch to the large post of the solenoid(red wire) while holding pedal down. With key on, I'm supposed to get continuity, however, I'm getting 150 to 200 ohms. Key off, no continuity. The manual says to adjust pedal position using their fancy meter, which of course I dont have. Any ideas?
Adjusting the pedal position will not change your readings, all it will do is change the amount of travel the pedal makes before activating the limit switch. You seem to have resistance in the wiring, first check and see that the solenoid is activated when you press the pedal and if so leave well alone. If you want to check out the potentiometer set your meter to 20k ohms and take the reading across the yellow and purple wires to the pot. At rest it should be 0 ohms and increase to 5-6k ohms when you press the pedal to the floor.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote