View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
hanny
Getting Wild

Default alltrax 500 #4 cables software upgrade 34MPH

i have a 2008 precedent, iq
Today i got the alltrax DCX500. I put in 6:1 first and of course lost all the low end tourque so i called eric at D & D and he said the best option was to get the DCX500 (very cool of him to be honest and not try and sell me a motor, Top notch individual) and to upgrade to #4 wiring thru out.

I installed the controller today (simple plug and play) and the wiring upgrade and because the MCOR is kinda tuff to settup and i have a weird gearing so i called alltrax and they sent me a couple of flash memory changes. All is good now and he low end tourque is awesome along with running 34 MPH!!!!!!!

alltrax software is pretty cool to mess with and watch all the inputs like amps, throttle %, controller temperature, etcccc.

side note: i could be nuts but now the software shows 485 amps, I assume thats because I upgraded to #4 wiring thru out????? i ran the cart before upgrading the stock wire and it showed only 300???. Cart safe, paul

throttle curve that seems to work well for my settup

#4 wiring upgraded, i tried to do a decent job of routing and cleaning the wiring up but man there are alot of wires,lol

I also put in a 48 to 12 convertor, can see it in the middle front of this pic
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote