View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #22
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Time for new batteries 😞

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballBeast View Post
Plan on putting alltrax 500 controller, 400 amp solenoid, 2 gauge wires and 48 volts. Shouldn't just upping to 48 make it go faster? I know it's tempting to leave it along cause it runs very good with fully charged batteries but addicted to the cart now so I need upgrades lmao. Wife's on board with doing it also. I have 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter also who rides on the cart with me so i don't need anything crazy. Mainly the long run time of the 48 volts is more important to me than the top speed but would be nice to go at least 25mph.
The number on your motor 5BC48JB764 is a 2HP, 2800RPM, 36V 1012191 for a club car.

According to an old post by Scottyb and Roady89, this motor will handle 48 volts. Also, yes, your speed will increase with the 48 volt batteries.

As Tom47 said, your controller will not handle the 48 volts.

I can feel all the testosterone flowing when you guys talk about all the great upgrades that are available. That would be a great plan (and I did it all w/o Lithium, so I'm not being critical ), but I have to ask this - is the expense worth the gain of approx. 5 mph and a little more distance? From what you described, you don't drive great distances (20 miles) and are on flat ground.

Like the others, I'm not sure why you are fortunate enough to be getting 20 mph from your "stock" cart. Most stock carts will go 11-12 mph and people are amazed that an upgrade makes the cart go 20-25.

Will the difference in distance be great enough to justify the cost?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote