View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #27
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Time for new batteries 😞

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballBeast View Post
Yea I don't know why it does 20mph but this cart cruises past most carts in my area especially the older ones. I wouldn't lie about the current speed and thats why I posted on here cause I'm confused as to why it does 20. Also I'm checking speed with Google maps on my phone which seems accurate when driving in my car.

Cart has a number 2013111 on the pumpkin. I looked it up but nothing came up. How can you tell if it has high speed gears without ripping apart the rear end? I can post pictures of what I have also.

Your probably right about the cost to upgrade but who cares I grew up building dirtbikes. God bless 2 strokes brap brap lol. I know electric and gas are different but now that I learned about electric carts I need to build them up.
I read that these early carts had up to 7 speed adjustments with top speed on some being 19 mph. I don't know if this is true, but may be the answer. I hope one of the DS experts will chime in with more info for you.

I did find a parts manual for a 1993 and it includes wiring info. It might be helpful to you for your rebuild. The parts for the 1992-1996 seem to be the same.
https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...S-Golf-Car.pdf

I can't imagine another way to know about the gears other than disassembly.

Good luck with your project. Build baby build! Keep us posted.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote