View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
aldrichd
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Battery upgrade issues

Hello. I am new to the forums, but I need some help. I have a 2002 Club Car DS 48V cart. I recently purchased a 48V Lithium battery pack. The fuse holder coming from the grey wire on the charger port was bad so I purchased a blade style fuse holder. I had a major dumba$$ moment after that. I forgot to hook the other end back to the gray wire on the charger port and later realized and wired it into the positive battery terminal. This wasn't an issue until I hooked up the charger and it smoked the OBC. I bypassed the OBC by joining the blue and white wires and ran the negative wire from charger port to the negative battery terminal. The reverse buzzer sounds but the cart doesn't move. Batteries are showing 50V so I doubt it's the batteries. I pulled the solonoid out. With everything disconnected, I ran a hot and neutral wire to the small terminals on the solonoid and it clicked. With everything back on....nothing. I thought about running power straight to motor to test that but didn't want to fry anything else. What do you think the issue might be, and how would I test? Sorry if this has already been answered. I did read that I can run a jumper on the solonoid big posts which I will test tomorrow.

Thanks
aldrichd is offline   Reply With Quote