View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:00 AM   #17
yourflorida
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 TXT DCS with Alltrax, no go. 5 Red in REVERSE (shudder backwards in FWD)

Update.

Purchased the Alltrax XCT controller. During installation, I discovered that the giant diode assemble that hangs on the solenoid had broken solders across the entire input tab bus (the metal strip that hangs off the solenoid). I wonder if that had any role in the failure?

Cart is fine now, works smoother at startup and strong top end.

There were some issues during install, I will list those.

1. The design asks you to move the TOW/RUN switch to a bracket at the solenoid, thus eliminating the cover and the labeling. I declined. Instead I just zip tied the cover as best as it would fit so the label is still displayed.

2. I had to flip over the solenoid to make the harness fit, the leads from the 10-pin to the solenoid post were just too short.

3. Unit failed at first. With the help of tech support, I was instructed to turn OFF the "High Pedal Disable" setting. Seams too much "noise" was confusing the controller. After that worked, the tech sent me a new throttle curve.

4. I decided to skip the mounting screws for the solenoid bracket that come from below the mounting skid for the controller. If I had used them, then the entire unit would have to be removed, everything removed, just to pull the solenoid bracket off.

I did not purchase the optional fan assembly.

Thanks everyone for the good tips/tricks.
yourflorida is offline   Reply With Quote