View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Xct400pds- sometimes won't go after complete stop

I reply to so many posts that I forget who has got what motor and the tire height, etc. But, I reviewed your previous post and found out your setup is basically the same as mine except for the tire height.

If you get a chance to do so, I'd love to see a data log from your cart. I'm curious about the armature amps during acceleration from a standstill with 19" tires vs my 17" tires. Mathematically, you get 11.8% more speed for any given RPM while I have 10.5% more torque, due to the 2" difference in tire height.

Zip the CSV file and it can be attached to a post.

---------
I have a lot of hills here and when I first installed a XCT400-PDS, I over-temped it a couple of times, but haven't since I installed the optional fan kit. Fortunately, when the cart was no-go I wasn't blocking traffic.

I also set the Max RPM to 8K to see how fast it would go on level ground with a 42V battery pack. The motor maxes out just under 7000RPM, which is about 28.5MPH on my 17" tires. I've now got the max RPM set to 6500, which gives me 26.5MPH, and that is plenty since 25MPH is the speed limit on most the roads I drive on.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote