View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
ryjan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Impact of Alltrax XCT48300?

I have a stock, 48v, 2011 Club Car Precedent Excel. (Serial PH1143-XXXXXX). Only addition so far is brand new batteries about two months ago.

Flat out, on a flat Texas road, the cart maxes out at 11 MPH. Voltmeter is solid throughout at 47-49 and there aren't any hiccups, noises, or staggers while driving.

I'm hoping to get that speed up closer to 20 so my cart isn't the slowest in our group and they can stop waiting for me.

Looking through the threads here I've found a lot of things to try, like the Speed Sensor test, solenoid test, and mcor test. Nothing stands-out as abnormal from any of those at this time.

The next steps are to look at replacing either the controller or the motor.

Each are relatively close in price, but the effort involved in replacing the stock controller with the Alltrex XCT48300 is much more appealing than the effort and downtime of motor work.

Alltrex controllers look to be well recommended throughout the forum, but i'm curious to see if any one has first hand experience with a similar set-up and thoughts on if the controller or motor replacement is my next best step?

Thanks!
ryjan is offline   Reply With Quote